Coronavirus (COVID-19) information
March 18, 2020
We are off to a great start with very high attendance on-line! We’re happy that students are taking “virtual” school seriously and letting us know what they need, from calculators to chargers. We appreciate everyone who is making the classes go so well, and your support in making sure your children are attending class and doing their work.
Beginning today March 18, we will be in front of the school between 3-4 pm to distribute To-Go bags that include both breakfast and lunch. Your child can pick up the food and take it home. Even if it’s not their favorite meal, there may be other family members or neighbors who would like this freshly made food without having to go out themselves.
If you have additional needs, about food or anything else during this challenging time, please email us at S2helps@schoolinthesquare.org The messages are confidential. We’re here to help.
School in the Square
March 17, 2020
To S2 Staff and Students,
At School in the Square we will continue to engage, educate, and empower our students to reach their full potential despite the current status of our nation. As an SEL Team, we wanted to inform you all that we are here for both staff and students shall you need to discuss or process your thoughts during this difficult time.
As an S2 community, we are available by telephone or email shall you need to reach us. Please understand that the information you share with us is entirely confidential, unless you or someone you know is or will hurt themselves.
We look forward to supporting our community daily by processing thoughts and feelings regarding the fears and uncertainties. Please feel free to reach out to any one of us shall you need to.
Teachers thank you for all you do for our school community. Students thank you for your patience as we try to navigate this new learning style. Please do not hesitate to reach out to anyone listed below:
At this time of uncertainty, we are fortunate to have caring teachers working hard to maintain consistency for our students. We are fortunate that our students want to learn and are doing everything possible to empower themselves. We know this is a difficult time for all and we want you to know we are here to support in any way that we can, feel free to reach out to any of us for support
- Ms. Prag: 718-309-2519
- Mr. Rodriguez: 718-309-2548
- Ms. Abreu: 718-309-2537
- Mr. Davis: 646-644-7079
- Mrs. Melendez: 718-309-2546
- Ms. Amon: 917 691- 2484
Stay Healthy and Safe,
The S2 Social & Emotional Department
March 15, 2020
Supplies for Online Learning
Good Afternoon S2 Students and Families,
We hope that everyone is feeling well. We know this is a very challenging time. We will work to make sure that we continue to develop our distance learning with your best interests in mind. Please know that we will continue to update you through emails and our website as things arise.
We email this afternoon to make sure you have all of the supplies you need to support you, your family and your ability to work from home. Tomorrow, Monday March 16, we are making the following available we will be outside from 12:00 -1:00:
1. Scientific Calculators for grades 7 and 8: You will need one for math, please borrow one if you do not have one.
2. New charger. Payments can be made on Alma or Parent Square at your earliest convenience; your immediate need will be met now.
3. Kajeet for internet access. - we have ordered additional devices, we do not have them yet but need to know if you need one.
4. Grab and go lunch and breakfast for Tuesday.
To get one of the items mentioned above please respond to this email and let us know if:
- Your parent/guardian will let you pick up whatever you need tomorrow.
- You need us to mail it to your home.
Again, you must respond to this email and let us know what you need and how you will get it.
Let us know what else you need:
If your family has any other needs such as food supplies or something we haven’t yet thought of please let us know. Do not respond all ---Please send a private email to our help line -- - S2helps@schoolinthesquare.org
Thinking of you and hoping that everyone stays healthy...
Carrie Amon and Evan Meyers
March 12, 2020
Our Open Houses are postponed until further notice
Dear Prospective Families,
While we are very excited to welcome you and share information about our schools, the safety and health of our community will always be our priority. Due to the ongoing precautions we are all taking to minimize the spread of COVID-19, we will be postponing our in-person open house until further notice.
We will be providing several new options:
- Online information sessions are available via google hangouts.
- KINDERGARTEN: Every Monday in March (3/16, 3/23 and 3/30) from 5:30pm - 6:30pm you can connect with us about our Kindergarten program. To register for a session please click here.
- MIDDLE SCHOOL: Every Tuesday in March (3/17, 3/24 and 3/31) from 5:30pm - 6:30pm you can connect with us about our Middle School (6th, 7th and 8th grades). To register for a session please click here.
- All presentation slides will also be available on our Kindergarten and Enrollment pages.
- Our website will have a recorded presentation (coming soon).
We apologize for this inconvenience and hope everyone will be safe. For more information on our upcoming open houses click here. Feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns at firstname.lastname@example.org or 718.709.9003
School in the Square Welcome Team
This site provides information using PDF, visit this link to download the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC software.